Monday, February 2, 2009

Project: Character Design Prologue

Occasionally I get an email from someone who wants to study character design or draw better. And you know I really don't feel I'm the right person to be asking and feel very awkward as my work has been limited at best and maybe people would be better off asking someone currently in the field.

But Dammit you know there are somethings you just can't learn from a Book or get in contact with the right 'professionals' to ask they are either way too busy or stuck up to give a hoot about you an underling and I certainly should know!!

So this Month begins a look into how to go about Creating a Character from Scratch all the way to a Project. I'm not going to pretend I know all the answers I definitely do NOT. But if I show you how I work then maybe it will give you a better understanding and also the confidence to make a move on your own. I plan to do this during the month of February so I hope you will check it out.

As a side note I will be away from my homebase for the next week or two, I'm hoping to spend my time and concentrate on getting this done for you. I hope to have a wireless setup down at the temporary base hopefully by tomorrow. Im not sure how it will work out but I'm really crossing my fingers on it. If I have any issues please keep an eye in my myspace or facebook for further developments. I really hope this turns out to be alot of fun and people get something out of it!

I know alot of people were looking forward to my first foray into Comic Covers and I'm sorry if you are disappointed. While I'm at it and your not dissappointed you may like to know that the comic I had planned has been put back onto the back burner. After I got sick in november I kinda lost all love for it. Even though I still have alot of love for Logopolis but the really I don't think anyone ever 'got it' and I would rather move on and then look back and keep plugging away.

Thats Where this Project Gestates from and I think in away I'm glad all this crap has happened in the last few months. If anything if my lasting legacy is not working in Cartoons then I atleast hope its here teaching what I've learned to make that person who does 'Make it' into their own Lasting Legacy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always Monitored.