Monday, January 19, 2009

The Naked Truth

Stop Right there before you go any further the following post contain NUDITY look away now if you are under 18 or a sadistic riotious religious fanatic and try and ban me from my own blog for being 'Rude' This is an ART BLOG after all!!

So you can draw funny little cartoons, but have you ever considered how important it is to understand Anatomy? I dont mean in an explicit way either, get that mind out of the Gutter you pervert!
I mean do you understand Proportion and weight of a person both male and female? You need to look at drawing people before you go off and draw your own stuff. It took me ages to learn this but when I did oh goodness did I fly! Occassionally I'm a little off errors are made unless the person is right in front of you but your not an artist if you don't make mistakes!
I just look at some artists today and what they think passes for anatomy and can't help but consider that the art world is doomed. Theres Always room for improvement and if you think you are the best and do not LEARN then you are clearly mistaken!

A quick mention if you get a chance a new poll is up on how you checkout the blog please answer it if you can as it will help the Blogs Future to stay Rosey!!

My curiousity got the best of me and I bought the original 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' 2 disc dvd as it was going cheap. I have to admit to having never seen it so to watch it in full was I guess like watching Star Wars for the first time. Anyway it was a great film and I enjoyed it and can understand how relevant it is today in a 'Shoot first ask later' world mentality!
And you know not a Keanu in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always Monitored.